I met with Dr. Campbell this afternoon. My tumor markers are up slightly, but this means almost nothing as they were drawn after only one treatment on the new med. I feel so doggone good, though, and that means quite a lot! Dr. Campbell had gone through CAT scan records for me dating back to February of 2010 and leading up to the CAT I had last month. As we looked at these results it was apparent that very little had changed in that amount of time. This is further confirmation that the distress of the winter was brought on by the pleural fluid, not by growing tumors threatening organs.
So now I am…
1. still drain free–yippee!!
2. able to walk 2 miles again–neuropathy clearing up!
3. able to walk up the stairs without going hand over hand up the handrail
4. growing a bit of hair so that I more closely resemble Sinead O’Connor than Humpty Dumpty
5. thoroughly enjoying every minute of this delicious life.
I should tell you that when I saw my nurse last week she was surprised by how good I was seeming. Still no drain? No shortness of breath? Nope. Neither one. Wow, she said, who do you have praying for you?